Cloud Computing Roles Introduction Workshop
Network with various cloud
roles, discuss where is the cloud today, where is it going and where do we fit
in a cloud world?
Purpose: This workshop will be of interest to those wanting an introduction to cloud computing where the accepted National Institute of Standards for Technology (NIST) frameworks provides tremendous value to improve visibility in the cloud.
Different perspectives associated with cloud roles will be interactively discussed to clarify opportunities and risks in the cloud. This will be interactive and focusing on your industry driven topics and needs. This provides opportunities to discuss what is happening in North America, Europe and Asia in the cloud computing exploding marketplace and develop your own plans that will help make appropriate decisions.
- Cloud computing – overview
- Service models (Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as Service and Software as a Service)
- Deployment models (Private, Community, Public, Hybrid)
- Actors/ Roles and their activities
- Risk Management
Break and Networking
- Workshops (Cloud Consumer,
Cloud Carrier, Cloud Provider, Cloud Auditor and Cloud Broker) – Getting
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Priorities and Awareness
- Governance and Measurement
- Results from the interactive
Upon completion of this workshop the student will be able to:
- Understand the cloud computing principles, approaches, models and terminologies
- Gain insight on where the industry is today and where the industry is progressing towards for cloud computing solutions
- Appreciate the opportunities, capabilities and risks for cloud computing initiatives
- Be informed regarding the various industry directions and initiatives for cloud computing
Exercises: Participating in work groups with peers to discuss and exchange information are key activities during this half day. The goals, objectives, capabilities and risks vary based upon roles, activities and responsibilities. Exchanging information relating to specific cloud formations and directions, leveraging best practices are core discussion points in this workshop event.
Of Interest to: Anyone wanting to gain a good perspective of the NIST taxonomy reference architecture models, roles and desiring to gain practical insights into the agile cloud world of today.