Duration: 1 Day
Purpose: This workshop is of interest to those who are considering embracing cloud computing solutions and desire to have robust governance and pricing models related to cloud services. Function Point Analysis techniques add tremendous value to clarify applications, data, services, highlighting opportunities, risks, pricing and other key considerations. This also facilitates clarification of business and technical requirements.
- Communicate the cloud computing solutions ecosystems including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as Service and Software as a Service, using recognized standards
- Communicate approaches that can be used to evaluate, prioritize and monitor cloud computing solutions
- Communicate how functional analysis fits into the Cloud Computing Ecosystem Frameworks, helping establish a consistent foundation to evaluate cloud computing opportunities, mitigate risks and prioritize activities
- Boundary cloud considerations
- Data cloud considerations
- Functionality/ Services considerations
- Discuss options and consideration for cloud computing from the cloud provider and consumer perspectives that must be considered in today’s cost, schedule and security sensitive world
- Clarify key recommended interpretations and categorizations that are needed for value focused “cloud function point” analysis using the IFPUG (International Function Point Users Group ISO/ IEC 20296 standard)
- What additional measures need consideration due to cloud computing environments
- Pricing model considerations for cloud computing
- Other benefits of using Function Point Analysis methods in the cloud
This is an interactive workshop that uses real-life experience and scenarios.
Of Interest to: Business Analysts, Procurement, Marketing, Management, Software Architects, Project/ Application Managers and Project/ Application Executives.
Prerequisites: None, although a basic understanding of Function Point Analysis concepts will be helpful.